IBPS Clerks is a popular exam in India for recruitment of clerks in the 27 nationalized banks in the country. It is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) which also conducts other exams for recruitment of officers in various nationalized banks as well as the regional rural banks.
IBPS Clerks Prelims Exam is not difficult to crack. Also, because it is the qualifying exam for IBPS Clerks Main, all you have to do is clear the cut off. Once you clear the cut off, you can appear for the Mains exam which is highly competitive and you need to score as high as possible in Mains.
Preparation Tips For IBPS Clerk Prelims
The Prelims exam has three sections:
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
The English Language section has 30 questions each carrying 1 mark. Each of the other two sections has 35 questions each carrying 1 mark. IBPS Clerk Prelims is a 100 mark exam and the time duration is one hour.
Here are some important preparation tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam:
Preparation Tips For English Section
- Learn as many antonyms and synonyms as possible.
- 2. Focus on Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles and Cloze Test.
Preparation Tips For Quantitative Aptitude Section
- Remember all the formulas by heart. Keep in mind the syllabus of Class 10.
- Pay attention to topics like Profit and Loss, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Time, Speed, and Distance, etc.
- Know the shortcuts and tricks to solve numerical problems.
Preparation Tips For Reasoning Section
- Focus on topics like Seating Arrangements, Blood Relations, and Data Sufficiency.
- Practice regularly. This will help you in retaining what you have learned.
- Solve from IBPS Clerk previous year papers.
Apart from these, take regular full length mock tests. Taking tests on Embibe can help you in your preparation. Keep in mind that time management plays a crucial role in your performance. You have to answer 100 questions in one hour. So, you must maintain a fine balance between your Speed and Accuracy. This can be attained by regular practice and having a well-structured study strategy.
Test on jee main give insights into how you have taken the exam and spent your time. This in turn helps in pinpointing the loopholes in your test taking strategy. You can then work on them to improve so that you can ace the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.